Construction of Tworóg-Kędzierzyn gas pipeline DN 1000, MOP 8.4 MPa of ca. 43.4 km with auxiliary facilities and infrastructure required to operate it
On 28 December 2017 IDS-BUD S.A. concluded an agreement to perform the task: “Construction of Tworóg-Kędzierzyn gas pipeline DN 1000, MOP 8.4 MPa of ca. 43.4 km with auxiliary facilities and infrastructure required to operate it”.
Commissioned by: Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
Aim of the investment: Increasing security and reliability of natural gas transmission within the Opolszczyzna region and the region of Lower Silesia, as well as increasing transmission capacities and the diversification level of natural gas supplies. Moreover, the Tworóg – Kędzierzyn-Koźle pipeline will constitute an element of the North-South Gas Corridor connecting the LNG terminal in Świnoujście with the planned LNG terminal in Croatia.
General scope of the order:
- construction of the Tworóg – Kędzierzyn-Koźle high pressure DN 1000 MOP 8,4MPa gas pipeline along with auxiliary infrastructure which includes construction of 2 canal crossings of ca. 750 m each carried out using the HDD trenchless technology – the complete gas pipeline length of ca. 43.4 km,
- construction of an optical fibre telemetry line alongside the designed gas pipeline with underground and overground infrastructure,
- construction of 3 block and bleed systems and a gas junction with the capacity Q=200,000 Nm3/h,
- filling the pipeline with natural gas and connecting it to the existing gas network,
- obtaining an occupancy permit.
Time for completion: 25 months.